Consumers & Family Members
Mental health consumers and family members of mental health consumers who are interested in working in the mental health field are invited to apply for AACI’s Mental Health Consumer/Family Member Internships. Please see the Job Description below for additional information.
Interested applicants, please submit:
- Consumer/Family Member Internship Application Form (available in Spring 2013)
- Résumé (if available)
Please send applications to:
Anthony Miner, Psy.D.
Asian Americans for Community Involvement
Gordon N. Chan Community Services Center
2400 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 300
San Jose, CA 95128
Consumer/Family Member Intern
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting with the development, planning and organization of direct and support activities for Self-Help Centers, Peer programs and other Consumer/Family Member and Wellness Recovery functions. Provide group rehabilitation services for clients and family members. Reports to Internship Program Manager.
Position Classification: Behavioral Health Intern
Stipend: Determined by Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health
Duties may include but are not limited to :
- Assist in developing and administering programs for the peer supported recovery and wellness centers
- Assist the BH Supervisors with development of a Wellness and Recovery plan
- Develop outreach and education materials focusing on wellness and recovery
- Coordinate the ongoing involvement of consumers in the Wellness and Recovery projects
- Support other consumers/family members to be peer mentors
- Participate in planning processes to identify service needs and priorities
- Provide group rehabilitation for clients and family members
Clinical Consultation and Training: Participate in weekly supervision meetings with the Internship Program Manager. Participate in weekly clinical staff trainings provided by the agency and Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health.
Clinical Charting: Assist in developing treatment service plans for all clients served. Prepare other daily and periodic reports that may be required.
Other Duties: Perform other duties as may be required.
- Lived personal experience as a consumer or family member of a consumer of services provided by Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health, Department of Family and Children’s Services and/or Department of Probation
- High school diploma or GED. BA/BS coursework in social work, psychology, behavioral sciences or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of cultural issues and community resources.
- Knoowledge of concepts of self-help, peer support and recovery models.
- Fluent in one or more Asian/Pacific Islander language or Spanish a plus, and proficient in English.